Friday, May 28, 2010

Ready or not, here it comes...

May - the longest month it has seemed. So many things to do yet nothing seemed like it was getting done. Everyday that I came home from work, all I wanted to do was sleep. I worried that it was perhaps some form of depression but, when I actually got 8 hours of sleep, I felt like a million dollars and wanted to do everything. I had to keep reminding myself that this round of stress and being overworked was temporary. I had to do something to fight it or I was going to suffer from insanity. I decided to take charge of my life. I felt the nudge to not give up and be taken by financial woes, time restrictions, and paperwork so, I gave all my cares to the universe and literally said, "Take them away and bring me relief, please." - I stopped worrying about being overworked and as soon as I did that...the most amazing thing happened.

I didn't notice it until this week but, it all added up. I started leaving work early. Most of the time, I get home around 6pm and that's if I leave work at 5pm. I started leaving around 4 - 4:15 and I would arrive at 5. That extra hour helped me get the toddler ready with dinner and in the bed a bit earlier. I would spend my last hour (before my bedtime) unwinding with a glass of wine or simply soaking in the bath. It did wonders!

Next - I had also wished that I had more help around the house and just at that time, a dear friend of mine needed some help with getting her life turned around. She asked if she could stay with me for sometime and I said sure. She enjoys to cook (and clean) and she is very organized. When I get home, dinner is almost always made. She is even awake in the morning and even packs up a lunch for me to take to work. The amount of time I was saving myself was incredible and in addition, I had more time to talk with her and listen to her issues. I love how that all worked itself out. I was/am so very thankful that she has come to live with us, even if it is just for a short time. It's as if it was meant to happen...I wonder what's next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment