Saturday, October 9, 2010

100 days of Yoga: Day 3

So today, even though it has been a bit - I am on day 3. I decide to take the intermediate class at that same center. It was more of what I was looking for , though he was going quite fast. I had to sit it out when he decided to let everyone do headstands of course. I'm just not ready for that yet.

The class was pretty good, lots of concentration trying to keep our balance and most importantly, the flow. I like having things that move fluidly and quickly, taking a rest from time to time. I like flowing and holding poses and of course, I need the attention to make sure I'm getting postures right. The instructor did a little bit of it all. I think I'm just spoiled from our weekend retreat as I got everything I needed there - and more! I suppose I will get used to the class as I will eventually stop comparing the two. I'll take what I can get.

I left the class feeling like I'd had a workout. I didn't feel so spiritual though as this class lasts until about 9pm. I was more sleepy and tired than anything. I went straight home and right to bed. I had a little bit of applesauce, a roast beef sandwich, and water. Then out like a light. I didn't even stop to turn off the lights in the house.

I woke up the next morning with the chant of the gayatri mantra stuck in my head. I was forced to find it again in youtube and listen to it 108 times as to satisfy that "song in the head" craving...
I started my morning again, quick and frustrated. I'm becoming aware of my actions and habits and what needs to change in order for me to reach a day of 100% calmness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment